Brand Display Guidelines for Cashier Payment
This document provides guidance on how to display Alipay+ brand-related elements on pages before & after payment for Cashier Payment.
The brand display guidelines use the following basic concepts:
- Acceptance mark: a mark to be displayed on the merchant page to tell the users that the merchant accepts the payment method represented by the mark.
- Alipay+ aggregated acceptance mark: an acceptance mark that combines the Alipay+ logo, MPP logos, and available promotions in one asset.
- consultPayment API: an Alipay+ API that is used to obtain information about the available MPPs and promotions.
- ACQP: abbreviation for Acquiring Partner, an Alipay+ partner who processes payments on behalf of merchants.
- MPP: abbreviation for Mobile Payment Partner, an Alipay+ partner who provides payment and related services for consumers. Normally, the MPP owns a digital payment App.
Displaying Alipay+ before payment
It is important to display Alipay+ (including Alipay+ acceptance mark and promotion) on the page before the payment, which is the merchant's cashier page.
Alipay+ acceptance mark
It is essential to let the users know that the site accepts Alipay+, therefore the Alipay+ acceptance mark must be displayed on the pages before the payment.
Example - Web
Example - Mobile
You can display the Alipay+ acceptance mark in two modes:
- Display the Alipay+ logo and logos of the available MPPs using an aggregated acceptance mark.
- Display only the Alipay+ logo. This is only applicable if your display area is not big enough to display the aggregated acceptance mark.
Display the Alipay+ aggregated acceptance mark
Display only Alipay+
The Alipay+ aggregated acceptance mark can be customized to combine the Alipay+ logo (required), MPP logos of your choice (customizable), and the Alipay+ promotion tag (if applicable) into one single asset. Alipay+ generates and provides the acceptance mark for you by using the consultPayment API or the Alipay+ client SDK.
Contact Alipay+ (or your ACQP if you are a merchant) to submit your requirements about the Alipay+ aggregated acceptance mark.
Alipay+ defines and applies the following rules when generating the Alipay+ aggregated acceptance mark:
- The Alipay+ logo is always displayed with the highest priority. If your display area is too small, only the Alipay+ logo can be presented.
- If you can display the promotion info in a frontend component, then use the frontend component instead of the promotion tag.
- The usability of MPPs can vary according to the payment currency, registration status, and the MPPs' product capabilities.
Note: For any MPP logos that you want to add to the Alipay+ aggregated acceptance mark, you must ensure that the MPP is available for your users. The usability of MPPs can vary according to the payment currency, registration status, and the MPPs' product capabilities. It's recommended that you contact Alipay+ (or your ACQP if you are a merchant) in advance to determine which MPPs are available to the users.
When Alipay+ promotions are available, you must ensure that the users are made aware of the promotions. Therefore, the promotion information must be displayed on the pages before payment.
You can display the Alipay+ promotion information in two modes:
- Display the promotion information directly on the page in a frontend component.
- Display the promotion information as a tag on the Alipay+ aggregated acceptance mark.
Display promotion on a frontend component
Display promotion within the Alipay+ aggregated acceptance mark.
Using the frontend component
If you display the Alipay+ promotion information in a frontend component, the component must be placed right next to the Alipay+ acceptance mark. By doing that, the users can understand that the promotion is only for Alipay+.
Note: Alipay+ promotion information is obtained by using the consultPayment API.
Place the component next to Alipay+
Place the component somewhere irrelevant to Alipay+
You can customize the text style for the frontend component to match the page's UI design. Ensure the text is clear, readable, and welcoming on your screen:
- Recommended text size: 10px
- Recommended font: any clear Display or Sans-serif font
- Recommended text color: any color that is attractive but does not give users an 'inapplicable' impression
Use an unreadable font-size
Use an unreadable font-family
Use colors that give the user an impression that the promotion is inapplicable
Note: Hide the promotion component if there is no available promotion for the user.
Using the Alipay+ acceptance mark
If you don't have a frontend component to display the promotion information, you can use an Alipay+ aggregated acceptance mark with a promotion tag as an alternative. Submit the requirements about the promotion tag in advance to Alipay+ (or your ACQP if you are a merchant).
Examples of the Alipay+ aggregated acceptance mark
User interaction with Alipay+ acceptance mark
The Alipay+ acceptance mark on the page before payment can be either a selectable option or a button.
- Selectable option: the user first selects Alipay+, then clicks the payment button to continue the payment.
- Button: the user clicks a button with the Alipay+ acceptance mark to continue the payment.
Displaying Alipay+ after payment
It is also important to display Alipay+ on pages after the payment, such as the payment result page and the order detail page. This helps the user remember that the payment is completed using Alipay+. For any of these pages, you must display Alipay+ as an image or text.
Alipay+ as image
Alipay+ as text
For the text display mode, you can also display the MPP name beside the Alipay+ text in the following format:
- Alipay+ (Name of the MPP)
- Alipay+ (支付宝)
Alipay+ brand asset
Alipay+ as an image
Alipay+ offers image assets in both normal & dark mode styles, you can use either of them to adapt your UI design. To download the asset, see Alipay+ Brand Mark Assets.
Dark mode style
Note: This image asset is usable only for pages after the payment.
Alipay+ as text
Alipay+ MPP brand asset in text
Name in Local Language
Rabbit LINE Pay
Rabbit LINE Pay
Rabbit Line Pay
Touch 'n Go eWallet
Touch 'n Go eWallet
Touch'n Go eWallet
Touch 'n GO eWallet
Touch 'n Go Wallet
Payment completion confirmation
The user might not be redirected back to you automatically after paying at the MPP side, which means you might not be able to detect whether the user has completed the payment. When the user returns to your page manually, you can ask the user to confirm the payment completion. This can be done with a popup dialogue or a page, as the following figure illustrates:
After that, you can load and display the payment result page for the user.
Note: Do not show the confirmation dialogue/page before the user is redirected to the MPP side. Also, if the user is automatically directed back to you, do not show the confirmation dialogue/page.
Verify your design
It is strongly recommended to contact an Alipay+ Business Development Manager or Solution Architect (or your ACQP if you are a merchant) to verify your design plan before you start the formal development. Please prepare screenshots of your pages beforehand.