Accept payments with Huabei Installment on the merchant's cashier page
This topic provides a step-by-step guide for Acquiring Service Providers (ACQPs) on how to accept a payment with Huabei Installment that is displayed on the merchant's cashier page.
Huabei Installment is a consumer financial product launched by Ant Group and is supported only by Alipay.
After a consumer selects Huabei Installment to pay when shopping on online merchant platforms or offline stores, the full order amount is settled to the ACQP's account on a regular basis and the consumer repays Huabei in installments.
Huabei Installment provides the following benefits:
- Gives consumers more purchasing power
- Improves the conversion rate
- Increases the price per transaction
- Boosts the sales amount
Before you begin
Before you begin, you need to familiarize yourself with the procedure of implementing Cashier Payment. For more information, see Integration overview.
About the task
This task applies to the scenario where a consumer places an order on a merchant platform and selects Huabei Installment on the merchant's cashier page to pay.
When displaying the Huabei Installment logo, you and your merchants need to conform to Alipay's brand display requirements as shown in the following figure:
Figure 1. Huabei Installment brand display
The following steps focus on the differences that the ACQP needs to pay attention to when accepting payments with Huabei Installment on the merchant's cashier page in comparison with other payment methods:
Note: The payment method page is also known as the merchant's cashier page.
Step 1. Render the payment method page
In the Huabei Installment scenario, you need to include the following information on the payment method page:
- Display the Huabei Installment logo along with other payment methods. For implementation details, contact your solution architect.
- Display the service charge that is borne by the consumer. For how to calculate the service charge, see How is the service charge calculated.
Step 2. Initiate a payment
After the consumer selects Huabei Installment on the payment method page, you need to call the pay API to initiate a payment and specify the details about the installment payment in the request.
How to specify the request parameters
The following parameters must be configured properly in the request:
- paymentMethod.paymentMethodType: set the value to
- paymentFactor.presentmentMode: set the value to
TILEor do not specify this parameter.
- passThroughInfo: use this parameter to specify the details about the installment payment as follows:
The number of installments selected by the consumer.
Valid values: 3, 6, 12
The percentage of the service charge that is borne by the seller (merchant).
In cross-border transactions, Alipay only supports the scenario where the buyer (consumer) bears the service charge.
Fixed value: 0
Note: The passThroughInfo parameter is only available to ACQPs that have integrated Huabei Installment on the merchant's cashier page.
The ACQP sends a request to Alipay+.
Alipay+ returns a response to the ACQP.
How is the service charge calculated?
To demonstrate how the service charge is calculated, the following case is provided for your reference. In this case, a Chinese consumer purchases a ¥ 1111.11 merchandise and chooses to pay in 3 installments.
- The service charge is calculated in the smallest currency unit. For example, if the currency is HKD and the amount is $1.00, the value of the amount is set to 100; or if the currency is JPY and the amount is ￥1, the value of the amount is set to 1.
- The following case is for reference only. Please refer to your contract for details on the service charge rate and more.
- Order amount: 111111 CNY
- Number of installments: 3
- Service charge rate: 2.3%
- Principal per installment: 111111/3 = 37037 CNY
- Service charge per installment: (111111 * 2.3%)/3 = 852 CNY
- Payment amount per installment: 37037 + 852 = 37889 CNY