With Merchant-presented Mode Payment, a user can scan the QR code presented by the merchant to complete the payment. In this mode, the QR code is a static QR code, which is also called an entry code.
A user can scan the QR code, which is an entry code presented by the merchant, to complete the payment. In certain cases, the user might be prompted to complete authentication during the payment, such as entering the payment password.
The following figure illustrates the Merchant-Presented Mode user experience where the code is an entry code:
Figure 1. Merchant-presented Mode Payment Entry Code user experience
The Merchant-presented Mode Payment Entry Code workflow contains the following steps:
- User scans the entry code presented by the merchant.
- User is redirected to the merchant page to enter the payment amount.
- User is redirected to the wallet payment page to complete the payment.
- The payment result is displayed on the wallet page.
- User is redirected back to the merchant page.
How it works
The following figure illustrates the entry code workflow:
Figure 2. Merchant-presented Mode Payment Entry Code workflow
The entry code workflow contains the following steps:
- User scans the QR code and inputs the payment amount on the merchant page.
- The Acquiring Service Provider (ACQP) sends the payment request to Alipay+.
- The wallet app enables the user to confirm the payment.
- After the payment is completed, Alipay+ notifies the payment result to the ACQP. Then the ACQP notifies the payment result to Merchant as well.
Note：Unless otherwise required (such as regulation), the ACQP doesn't need to know the specific Mobile Payment Provider. The ACQP can inform Merchants that no change is needed for new Mobile Payment Provider.
Standard output checklist
In Merchant-Presented Mode (Entry Code) Payment, outputs such as QR code, receipt, and payment button might exist. Design the outputs by following the specifications described below.
QR code standard
The entry code must follow the Alipay+ code standards as below:
- The QR code value must be an HTTPS URL to the merchant page.
- Follow the QR code design guidelines that are stated in Alipay+ Code Scanning Payment Standards.
The payment receipt must contain the following information:
- Alipay+ brand information.
- Transaction amount.
Unified payment button
If you need to place a payment button in the following places, to avoid the operation complexity caused by different payment buttons provided by different wallets, you must unify the style and display the Alipay+ logo by following the Alipay+ brand guideline.
- The ACQP's cashier page
- The ACQP backend system
Language of the merchant page
Present information by using a language that the user is familiar with. It is required at least to support English, and it is recommended to support other languages based on the information of the user's device.