With Merchant-presented Mode Payment, a user can scan the QR code presented by the merchant to complete the payment. The QR code is a dynamic QR code that is issued by the Acquiring Service Provider (ACQP) system, which is also called private order code.
A user can scan the QR code, which is an order code presented by the merchant, to complete the payment. In certain cases, the user might be prompted to complete authentication during the payment, such as entering the payment password.
The following figure illustrates Merchant-presented Mode Payment user experience where the code is a private order code:
Figure 1. Merchant-presented Mode Payment Private Order Code user experience
The Merchant-presented Mode Payment Private Order Code workflow contains the following steps:
- User chooses goods, then the merchant shows an order code.
- User scans the order code.
- User confirms to pay.
- The payment result is displayed on the result page. Meanwhile, Alipay+ notifies the ACQP about the payment result.
How it works
The following figure illustrates the private order code workflow:
Figure 2. Merchant-presented Mode Payment Private Order Code workflow
The private order code workflow contain the following steps:
- Merchant sends a request to the ACQP to obtain the order code.
- The ACQP generates the order code for merchant to present on the terminal. (with the order details kept in the ACQP system).
- User scans the order code, and Alipay+ requests the ACQP to decode the order code to obtain the order information.
- User completes the payment, and then Alipay+ notifies the ACQP about the payment result. The ACQP notifies the merchant about the result.
Note：Unless otherwise required (such as regulation), the ACQP doesn't need to know the specific Mobile Payment Provider. The ACQP can inform the merchants that no change is needed for new Mobile Payment Provider.
Standard output checklist
In Merchant-presented Mode Payment Private Order Code, outputs such as payment code, receipt, and payment button might exist. Design the outputs by following specifications described below.
QR code standard
The private order code must follow the Alipay+ code standards as below:
- The QR code value must be in one of the following formats:
- An HTTPS URL with one fixed domain name. For example,
https://alipay.com/28100204*****. The first 12 digits in the path must be in the format of
281***04****. The fouth to sixth digits are assigned by Alipay+. The Last 4 digits are assigned by the ACQP to identify an order.
- An HTTPS URL with one or multiple fixed domain name(s).
- Follow the QR code design guidelines that are stated in Alipay+ Code Scanning Payment Standards.
- The ACQP needs to integrate the Alipay+userInitialPay interface. Alipay+ system then calls this API to validate the code and the ACQP needs to follow the standard response structure. Refer to the UserInitialPay interface for details.
- One QR code can be scanned multiple times. But, if the ACQP receives multiple userInitiatedPay request of a same code, the ACQP must return the same order information to all requests.
The payment receipt must contain the following information:
- Alipay+ brand information.
- Transaction amount.
Unified payment button
If you need to place a payment button in the following places, to avoid the operation complexity caused by different payment buttons provided by different wallets, you must unify the style and display the Alipay+ logo by following the Alipay+ brand guideline.
- The ACQP's cashier page
- The ACQP backend system