User-presented Mode Payment
With User-presented Mode Payment, the merchant scans the payment code that is presented by the consumer to initiate a payment. Generally, the payment code is displayed on a digital wallet app owned by an Alipay+ Mobile Payment Partner (MPP).
The following key terms are used in this document:
Acquiring Partner (ACQP)
A Partner in its capacity as an acquirer or payment processor, including where it enters into a Merchant Agreement with a Merchant or an Indirect Participation Agreement with an Indirect Acquiring Partner, and processes Transactions directly or indirectly for its Merchants.
Alipay Connect Pte. Ltd. and all of its Affiliates that operate Alipay+ Core, including its and their successors and assigns. When used in the Rules, Alipay+ refers to Alipay Connect Pte. Ltd. or, if otherwise specified in the Participation Agreement, any of its applicable Affiliates.
Mobile Payment Partner (MPP)
A Partner in its capacity as a payment service provider where it issues a Mobile Payment Partner Product to a User, enters into a User Agreement with a User or processes a Transaction for a User.
User-presented Mode Payment
Payment scenario that the merchant scans the consumer presented code with a device to initiate the payment.
Also known as business-scan-consumer (B-scan-C) code. QR codes or barcodes presented by consumers for merchants to scan with their reading devices to initiate payments.
The following figure illustrates the user experience with the User-presented Mode Payment product:
Figure 1. User experience of User-presented Mode Payment
The user experience consists of the following steps:
- The consumer opens the MPP's app (normally a digital wallet), switches the country/region on demand for cross-border payment, and then presents the Alipay+ payment code to the merchant.
- The merchant scans the payment code that is presented by the consumer.
- The MPP presents the payment result page to the consumer.
For more information about product design and brand display, see User-presented Mode Payment UX design guideline.
The Alipay+ User-presented Mode Payment product provides several capabilities to facilitate your business.
How it works
Figure 2. Alipay+ User-presented Mode Payment workflow
After the merchant places an order, the workflow consists of the following steps:
- The MPP app requests a payment code from Alipay+ and the consumer presents the payment code to the merchant.
- The merchant scans the payment code and sends a payment request to Alipay+.
- Alipay+ decodes the payment code to obtain the customer ID, and then sends the payment request with the customer ID to the MPP.
- The MPP debits the payment amount from the consumer's account according to the customer ID.
- The MPP presents the payment result to the consumer on its app.
To get started with the integration of the User-presented Mode Payment functionalities, see Integration overview for User-presented Mode Payment.