In certain countries or regions, for legal or compliance reasons, the merchant information that is related to the payment must be registered before a payment can be processed. The merchant registration process only needs to be performed once.
The following figure illustrates the merchant registration flow:
Figure 1. Merchant registration flow
When processing merchant registration requests, Mobile Payment Provider must pay attention to the following items:
- Batch operations are not supported. Each time, only one merchant or store can be registered.
- For the Auto Debit scenario, at least the merchant information must be registered.
- The response of the merchant registration request only indicates that the registration request is successfully accepted.
- The Mobile Payment Provider returns the registration status to Alipay+ asynchronously (normally within 7 days), the Mobile Payment Provider can obtain the registration result by using inquiryRegistrationStatus interface.
- Alipay+ will notify the Acquiring Service Provider of the merchant registration status via notifyRegistrationStatus interface if the Acquiring Service Provider integrates this interface.
Alipay+ sends merchant registration request to the Mobile Payment Provider.
The Mobile Payment Provider returns result to Alipay+.
For more information about how to use the APIs (such as the field description), see registration.