In certain countries or regions, for compliance reasons, the merchant information that is related to a payment must be registered before this payment can be processed by Alipay+ Mobile Payment Partners (MPPs).
Therefore, MPPs might need to receive requests for merchant registration from Alipay+/Acquiring Partners (ACQPs), review the merchant information, and then notify Alipay+/ACQPs of merchant registration results.
To ensure MPPs obtain these capabilities, Alipay+ provides the following two APIs:
- registration: This API is used by Alipay+ to register a new merchant or update an existing registration to the MPP.
- notifyRegistrationStatus: This API is used by the MPP to notify Alipay+ of the merchant registration result.
Currently, Alipay+ allows its MPPs to adopt either of the following two modes for merchant registration:
- Reporting Mode: In this mode, once Alipay+ reports the merchant information to the MPP successfully, the ACQP/merchant can accept payments without being reviewed by the MPP. For MPPs who adopt this mode, the notifyRegistrationStatus API is not required.
- Approval Mode: In this mode, after Alipay+ reports the merchant information to the MPP successfully, the ACQP/merchant can only accept payments when being reviewed and approved by the MPP. For MPPs who adopt this mode, the notifyRegistrationStatus API is not required if the MPP can return the registration result synchronously via the registration API.
The following figure illustrates the merchant registration flow:
Figure 1. Merchant registration flow
The workflow consists of the following steps:
- The ACQP, on behalf of the merchant, sends the merchant registration request to Alipay+ via the registration API (Step 1-2).
- Alipay+ sends the merchant registration request to the MPP (Step 3).
- The MPP returns the merchant registration result to Alipay+.
- If the MPP adopts the Reporting Mode, the MPP returns the result via the registration API synchronously (Step 4).
- If the MPP adopts the Approval Mode, the MPP returns the result via the notifyRegistrationStatus API asynchronously (Step 5-6). Alipay+ then notifies the ACQP of the merchant registration result (Step 7-8).
Receive requests to register a merchant or update a registration
By integrating the registration API, the MPP can receive registration requests containing the merchant information which is collected by Alipay+ from the ACQP. Also, this API can be called by the ACQP to update merchant information.
When using this API, you need to note that in the response, the result.resultStatus parameter indicates the registration result. The following table describes each result status:
The registration is successfully accepted and approved by the MPP.
The registration request failed to be accepted, and Alipay+ can check result.resultCode and result.resultMessage for more information.
The registration result is unknown. Check result.resultCode for more information.
For more information about how to use this API, see registration.
Notify Alipay+ of registration results
After receiving the merchant information, the MPP might need a certain period of time to review it and decide whether to allow this merchant to accept payments, which is also called the Approval Mode. In this situation, the MPP needs to integrate the notifyRegistrationStatus API to notify Alipay+ of the registration result on its own.
The MPP sends the notification request to Alipay+.
Alipay+ returns the response to the MPP.
For more information about how to use this API, see notifyRegistrationStatus.