Cancel a payment
- The merchant/Acquiring Service Provider cannot receive the payment result from Alipay+ for a long time, or cannot obtain the payment result via the inquiryPayment interface.
- The transaction is not completed after exceeding the maximum number of inquiries.
The payment can be canceled within the agreed cancellable period, which is from the time when the transaction is initiated to 00:15 UTC+8 of T+1 day, regardless of the payment status.
The following figure illustrates the flow of payment cancellation initiated by the Acquiring Service Provider:
Figure 1. Payment cancellation flow initiated by the Acquiring Service Provider
The payment cancellation initiated by the Acquiring Service Provider contains the following steps:
- The Acquiring Service Provider submits the cancellation request to Alipay+ (step 1).
- Alipay+ returns the cancellation result to the Acquiring Service Provider (step 1.1).
- The cancelPayment request only works on the payment, and cannot be used on refund.
- Before canceling the transaction, it is recommended that you use the inquiryPayment interface to inquire the payment result at least once. For more information about inquiryPayment, see inquiryPayment.
- After you request a cancelation, you cannot change the order status to status other than canceled. If payment notification comes later than the cancellation response, the Acquiring Service Provider handles the payment result based on the cancellation response. If the cancellation fails, you need to retry the cancelPayment request until the cancellation succeeds.
- You might receive different results from Alipay+, follow instructions below to handle the result:
The merchant can reinitiate a payment request.
Take actions according to the error message in result.resultCode.
Note: If the result.resultCode value returns as
Use the same parameter to retry the cancelPayment request.
No result received after trying several times
For more information about how to use the cancelPayment interface (such as the field description), see cancelPayment.